Wednesday, February 10

Forbes Mill Steakhouse - Los Gatos

POW POW! You won't even know fancy if it hit you in the face...and fancy just hit you in the face. We were treated to dinner at Forbes Mill Steakhouse in Los Gatos by the company. Too bad I had to blurr the name out in all its glory because the internet is a scary place. :(



Superb ahi tuna and extraordinary prime filet tips...and then just ordinary calamari. Meh, two outta three ain't bad.

mm zoom in on the seared ahi tuna.

French onion soup that was just ok. I've never had this before. Maybe I just don't like this item. But it was overkill on sweet and salty.

Filet Mignon. My favorite steak of all time. Lacking sauce but still good. It's hard to go wrong with a good hunk of meat. *wink wink*

I tried a piece of this from someone else and it was DA BOMB!!! (do people use that anymore? What do the kids say nowadays?) Who would think that the mushroom ravioli, a meatless item, would be the best thing we ate at a steakhouse. The creamy marsala broth was soo good.

Lastly, a trio dessert of chocolate torte, passionfruit cheesecake, and creme brulee. The chocolate torte, well it lost me at chocolate. Chocolate is never a win in my book, especially when it's dark like that. Passionfruit cheesecake, it lost me at first with its tarty and sour taste, but after a few bites, it really grew on me. But the creme brulee, delicioso! Who doesn't love that sugary top layer?

OVERALL IMPRESSIONS
I really enjoyed my evening here. However, had I paid for my meal, I probably would've rated otherwise. Because everything was free for me, I am grateful and loved every bit of it. Now let's see, had I actually paid $50 for a piece of meat, here's what I'd think out of 5: 

Sauvignon Blanc wine: 4
bread basket : 5 (hey man, it's a simple food but it was good)
appetizers: 5+
French Onion Soup: 2 
Filet Mignon: 3.5 - 4
Ravioli:  5+
Dessert: 3 
Service: 4 

I guess I shouldn't compare to CUT in Vegas but the Forbes Mill steak lacked a certain something that CUT had. I guess you could say it was "a cut above the rest." I'll review CUT for you guys one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yummies

You Might Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...