Friday, March 14

Local Business Spotlight: Kincao - Healthy Food Delivery Service

Sustainable and healthy eating is how I try to make my food choices. Most of the lunch options by my work place are anything but sustainable and healthy. Everything good is out of range and options within range are chain restaurants or very heavy fatty foods. Many times I just want a fresh cooked meal with wholesome ingredients to get me through the last half of the work day. My friend introduced me to Kincao, a healthy food delivery service she uses for lunch. She places the order online and they deliver her lunch to her work place. For now, Kincao only services Campbell and Los Gatos but they made a special delivery to my work so I could try their meal.

Not going to lie, it did tickle my heart a little to see my name written on my lunch box. It has that personal touch like your mom writing your name on your paper bag lunch so none of the other kids would steal your food.

The branzino filet was juicy and well seasoned on a bed of herbed quinoa and lentils. Broccoli rabe was in season at the time and I definitely didn't mind having it twice that week if it was sauteed like it was here.

A little bit of cabbage slaw on the side of a baby arugula and sweet potato salad rounds out the box. Finish it all off with ripe persimmon slices for dessert. Don't you feel healthy and well balanced just looking at it? This is my perfect type of lunch: a little bit of many things, not too heavy, just enough food so you don't have food coma at your desk right after lunch.

I recognized the great potential in Kincao and enjoyed their product and service so much I decided to make 2014's first Local Business Spotlight, in video form, on their company. Learn all about Kincao from the founders, Mark and Marc, in this video.





I have been very fortunate in my blogging career to finally reach a point where I can afford to stray from writing restaurant reviews to dig into passion projects. Gone are the days of metaphorically starving for content and now I can create my own opportunities. 2013 was a pivotal year in the progress of my blog as I decided to foray into Youtube with a mission of telling stories that the world would find entertaining or useful. I thank all the viewers of this blog for helping me get to a point where I can produce work that I feel is of value to this world and hopefully for your continued support in the future. With this teamwork, I can host more giveaways so you get free goodies!

Kincao is sponsoring a giveaway to introduce new healthy foodies to their services. Enter the raffle below for a chance to win a $10 gift card to Kincao. There will be 3 winners chosen. Remember to follow Kincao on Facebook and also fill out the Rafflecopter so I know you entered.

Valid only for Campbell and Los Gatos areas since Kincao delivers there. Silicon Valley/South Bay Area entrants only.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yummies

You Might Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...