Monday, November 30

The Future of Food : A documentary about the truth behind GMO


Maybe it's because I went to Davis, a school and community largely based on agriculture and science, that I became more aware of biotechnology and genetically modified food issues, but I think people should watch this documentary. I am becoming more interested in documentaries like this and Super Size Me. I think it is very valid to question where your food comes from and what you are putting in your body. You don't have to go nuts and become off the grid-hippies but sometimes it is good to question what's in your Big Mac and why it is that we have recalls on produce for ecoli contamination.

I support Farmer's Markets and organic foods and if I had more time and knowledge, I would definitely cater my diet to be all organic. Find out where your local farmer's market is and check it out. If you don't buy anything, it is still a cool place to go. BTW, I came at the end of the day once and scored 10 asparagus for a dollar and she tossed in a free bag of romaine lettuce. FREE FOOD IS AWESOME FOOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yummies

You Might Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...