Tuesday, February 10

Whole Body by Whole Foods - Make Up Break Up

It's that time again for Whole Foods' personal care department, Whole Body, to launch their spring sales season. Last year, it kicked off with the 10 Days of Beauty preview event at the Whole Body store in Campbell. This year's event is the Make Up Break Up - inspiring everyone to break up with their old, expired, or toxic conventional products and refresh their collection with plant based products from Whole Body.

Just like last year, stylists were on hand to glam up lucious locks with soft wavy curls. My friend (this is not her in the picture) got a beautiful beachy wavy look.

The food spread provided by Whole Foods' catering team was amazing as usual. Each appetizer contained at least one ingredient that was supposed to be good for your body. The vegan sushi rolls with forbidden rice, mango, and veggies was particularly tasty. There were several different types of crostini with toppings like rainbow chard and goat cheese, or tomatoes and burrata, or smoked salmon. Did you know you can have Whole Foods cater your events with a similar spread? I'm now totally considering it.

Not pictured: My friend got a full face of makeup done with Mineral Fusion's natural make up. I also got my nails painted with Zoya brand polish which I can attest that they're lasting long with no chipping.

But onwards to the free goody bags. Isn't that what everyone loves? Whole Body gave me so many samples last year that I gave a few away and I'm still using some to this day. 
---
Particular favorites from last year.

Bach's Rescue Remedy all natural sleep aid spray made of plant extracts. Whenever I had a hard time sleeping, I would spritz the middle of my tongue with the sleep aid and it provided at least another 4 hours of good rest. It was just enough to help me rest but without feeling groggy or "drugged" up. This helped a lot in recovering from jet lag after last year's Asia trip. This was my favorite product and I highly recommend it because it's made of plant extracts and not chemicals. It's only good if you have a mild or temporary problem falling asleep or wake up in the middle of the night, such as with jet lag, but not if you have a serious insomnia issue. Much more effective to use in helping you fall asleep rather than to stay asleep. Ask for it at your local Whole Body store.

Weleda Skin Food cream is a must have. I keep the tube from last year at my desk. Dries quickly and works effectively.

Giovanni's 2Chic Ultra Sleek shampoo is great! A little expensive in retail pricing but as a grown woman, I think I can treat myself to more than Costco sized Pantene Pro-V. You agree?

Dr. Haushka Soothing Cleansing Milk cleanser/makeup remover. I gave this one to my friend who seems to like it.
---
This year's products:

Wooh another sample of Giovanni's 2Chic hair and body products. Can't wait to try.

Juice Beauty lip gloss. I don't use lip gloss so I'll see if this one wins me over.

Mineral Fusion make up, nail polish, primer, and lotions.

Country Life Collagen and skin pills.

Whole Body is having a couple promotions coming up, here they are:
Now through Feb 24: BOGO on lotions and shower gels by Anadalou Naturals
Feb 11-15: 25% off all makeup
March 18-24: Beauty week all week
March 20-22: 25% off all face care products
March 21: limited edition and limited number of "Beauty Bags" on sale for $18, containing $60 worth of products

Whole Body website

3 comments:

  1. Such a great event. It was nice to relax with you in the middle of a hectic week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Post! Thanks for sharing very interested post with us...I love your post.

    Sushi Catering South Florida

    ReplyDelete

Yummies

You Might Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...