Saturday, December 18

Margherita Chicken Pizza and Last Chance to Enter for the Wendy's Card

I had leftover sun-dried tomatoes and told my sister to make use of it. Totally forgetting this the next day, I went to the store after work to buy ingredients to make a margherita pizza utilizing the leftover sun-dried tomato packet. So I came home and us sisters realized we were both making pizza and I rummaged for a can of stewed tomatoes instead. And silly us, both sisters forget to buy mozzarella so I made another run for that. If one apple doesn't fall far from the tree, the sister apple doesn't fall much further either.

So you take a little this: basil, tomatoes, mozzarella cheese

And a little of that: cubed chicken breast sprinkled with salt, crushed black peppers, a little Italian herb seasoning, grilled until its a little pink in the middle.

Crush cloves of garlic and sautee in a pan until translucent and golden brown

The dough: I could spend the time to make pizza dough from scratch but I didn't so I bought Pillsbury pizza dough in a can. I didn't realize that once you pop open the can, you roll the dough onto the pan. I thought I would have to knead the dough and spread it out myself. So I immediately began kneading when I saw that the dough was already in a thin sheet, rolled up. D'oh! literally...

add sauce, tomatoes, mozzarella, chicken and garlic to the pizza. Bake in oven for about 13ish minutes. Turn off oven, add basil leaves. close the oven door for another minute or 2 for the basil to wilt. Then take out and serve.

Ta-da. Pizza for 3, meaning me, sister, and me again for lunch. Of all my homemade pizza adventures, this has been the most successful because I kept it simple. Margherita is as simple as you can go and while I'm always tempted to put things like cayenne pepper and cajun seasoning onto my chicken, I decided to stay simple and it paid off. Not as cheap as a $5 Little Caesar's pizza but I hope its much healthier.


Are you in it to win it? Last chance to enter the Wendy's giftcard giveaway here. A winner will be picked on Dec 21.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yummies

You Might Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...