Saturday, January 7

I'm going to run an 8K

I have 3 resolutions for 2012 and together they ought to cover 3 separate aspects of my work/blog/life balance.
  1. Run a half marathon: I'm starting off easy in March by running the 408K (San Jose represent!). 8K is a little under 5 miles and a half marathon is 13.1 miles. As of today, the 7th day of 2012, I have run 1 mile on the treadmill. (insert shocked face emoticon here). There is a chance I may scale back this resolution to just 10K but we'll see...
  2. Blog more about San Jose: Even though the title of this blog and its premise is about San Jose and the Bay Area, it has mostly been about traveling. I will try to post more home cooked meals and San Jose eats this year.
  3. Re-learn Japanese: After meeting so many European tourists in Thailand who all spoke their native language and English, I was jealous. It is mandatory for them to take English as a second language so most people are bilingual. I think foreign languages are so optional in the US school system that most students don't bother. I took Japanese for 4 years and without having people to practice with, I've forgotten alot. It's a pity to let the knowledge go to waste so I am going to brush up on my Japanese. It can't hurt for doing business either.
What are your resolutions for 2012?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yummies

You Might Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...