Wednesday, January 27

San Luis Obispo 2010 - Mo's SMokehouse BBQ - Linn's Bakery

I don't know how to lump these two restaurants together. It's just sort of a miscellaneous of eateries from our SLO trip. Let me first get you in the mood with this picture below from a candy store in downtown SLO.

Yummy Creme Brulee gelato ice cream from the candy shop. Candy shop also had huge gobstoppers and tiny gobstoppers. Wish I had taken a picture.

We had dinner at Mo's Smokehouse BBQ which is supposed to be good according to yelp...NOPE! Just another forgettable bland meal. I forgot to take pictures of the food but its ok because its shitty anyway.Think of it like Armadillo Willy's in San Jose or San Mateo, but worse.

 Rotisserie pork, anyone?

 Our last meal in the area was brunch at Linn's Bakery in Cambria, best known for its ollalaberry pies.

 mmm, jiggly eggs benedict boobs. I was tempted to put ketchup dots for nipples but the food looked too good to wait. And it was pretty good.

Fish and Chips special. His only complaint was that the portion was too small.

Khanh's crab omelette. She liked it alot.

The hamburger, which looked delicious, and as I recall, My seemed satisfied.

Infamous ollalaberry pie. It was just alright. I think the pie crust was a little off. Seemed like they used a chicken pot pie kind of tough crust for a fruit pie. Didn't really match. But the berry filling was good. Pies aren't really my thing but I had to try because the place is known for it.

OVERALL IMPRESSIONS:
I was disappointed with most if not all SLO food except the lunch from Costco. Linn's Bakery was good but it's in Cambria so technically, SLO still fails. What's most disappointing is that we chose mostly highest rated restaurants on yelp and they sucked. Maybe people in SLO have a different set of taste buds, maybe there are slim pickins and this really is the best of SLO, but the group was one minded in our decision to give SLO food a thumbs down. Maybe if I'm ever in the area again, I'll make sure to ask for personal recommendations from people who know the area. I call this Yelp Fail!

Powell's Sweet Shoppe on Yelp
Mo's Smokehouse on Yelp
Linn's Bakery on Yelp

3 comments:

Yummies

You Might Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...